5 Smart Ways Startups Can Mobilize their Business Brand in 2019
You have just started a business with the ambition of delivering value that none of your competitors could do. Yes, most startups think of outliving competition simply on the merit of their business deliverable. That’s perfectly fine, but as the competition among brands is making them closer leaving hardly any room to relax, you need to think way ahead of the immediate reality.
There can be no doubt the startups need to embrace mobility to cut through the competition and establish their business brand. To mobilise the business brand startups to need to embrace the following 5 smarter ways.
1. Embrace Mobility
For startups to stay ahead of the competition the first step to make a robust mobile presence with a standalone business app allowing their customers to interact and stay constantly in touch. Whether you are in the service sector or into consumer products or provide B2B solutions, building an app by an expert mobile app development company is the first and invincible step to take. But while developing a mobile app for your business, you need to keep in mind the following considerations.
- While building a mobile app representing your business, do not undermine the importance of having a responsive or mobile-friendly website for the broader audience.
- Embrace a low-cost social media campaign to reach a wider audience to gain traction for your business app.
- While building a business app insist on personalising the user experience based on intelligent and machine learning algorithms that continuously adjusts to the user preferences and contexts.
- Test your app early and often and never lose tap on user feedback to fine-tune your app on a continuous basis.
- Ensure easy user engagement throughout through a simple, lean and straightforward user interface with no visual distractions and least cognitive loads.
- Follow the latest and most user-friendly design trends to cater to popular taste and aesthetics.
- Start with an MVP version with basic UI and features and gradually build over additional features based over user feedback.
2. Embrace AI and Machine Learning
While knowing users is the most important thing to deliver an user-centric mobile and digital experience, some of the latest technologies are all out to help your efforts in the most meaningful way. Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning technologies by getting deeper into the multifaceted user data can help your app adapting to user preferences and contexts. Intelligent chatbots helping to solve customer issues right on their screen is an excellent example of the enormous impact they can bring to a business.
- For a startup, it is smart enough to use the latest AI-powered algorithms to deliver user-centric design and features through mobile apps.
- Any business can use intelligent chatbots that by using AI-based and machine learning algorithms can know about user concerns and pain points and accordingly help them with the on-screen conversation.
- Intelligent voice assistants like Alexa and Google Assistant is another smart way to improve your users engage and push for sales conversion.
- In ecommerce and mobile commerce apps AI can play a significant role in providing user-centric product recommendations to ensure steadier and bigger sales conversion.
- AI-powered payment solutions can also help business apps detecting and preventing data threats and fraudulent activities on a regular basis.
3. Big Data Analytics Pushing the Barrier
It is the power and potential of the data that hold the most significant promise for modern businesses. As digital applications and interactions are increasing at a rapid pace, the volume, variety and growth of data have reached the overwhelming limit. This massive volume of data is laden with the most useful insights that businesses can utilise for pushing sales and business conversion. Big Data analytics has arrived to unlock this potential of data for every business irrespective of the size and niche.
Thanks to Big Data analytics businesses of all sizes and market-reach are now experiencing a level-playing field. A small startup now can compete with a large multinational with a global presence by utilising the analytics tools supplying relevant user insights. In this respect, remember the following considerations and tips.
- Utilise Big Data analytics tools for evaluating your design decisions.
- Use big data analytics for user profiling and knowing your target audience more deeply.
- Use big data analytics to understand potential security threats and vulnerabilities and preventing them.
- Use big data analytics to drive promotional campaign and ads that gain consistent engagement and business conversion.
4. Unlocking the Potential of Enterprise IOT
Internet of Things (IoT) no longer only refers to smart home devices connected through mobile apps. IOT is also about the connected environment comprising gadgets and devices in workplaces. The IOT landscape is now experiencing steady expansion and popularity across all businesses. Startups while embracing mobility can unlock the potential of this connected reality in multiple ways. Let’s offer some tips.
- Allow smart payment through connected POS systems
- Help people with augmented reality-based content in their handheld devices while they are inside a store
- Use hyper-localisation to market products and reach customers by detecting location through powerfully connected location tracking systems such as Beacon.
- Boost efficiency and productivity in a modern work environment through cloud-based apps accessible across multiple devices.
5. Embrace the Omnichannel Experience
Ever since the ecommerce and mobile commerce apps have transformed the shopping experience, we have seen leading business brands, and stores are depending on a supply and fluid shopping experience that can remove the offline-online, web-mobile, web-social and mobile-social barriers.
If you are an ecommerce or retail startup, you should take full advantage of this rise of Omnichannel shopping experience by streamlining the shopping experience across mobile apps, websites, social media and your physical storefront. Offering a consistent shopping experience across all these channels is the key to your success. Consider the following tips.
- Ensure smarter authentication and profile management to help users move across channels quickly. For example, allow them to select through social media storefront and by it through app or ecommerce website.
- The in-store shopping experience should be in sync with the online or mobile shopping experience. The same web-store or mobile store can be accessed for more details about in-store products.
- Personalised recommendations and other custom attributes should be in sync across all these channels.
Startups have no option but to embrace the latest and smartest technologies to beat the onslaught of competition. These smart manoeuvres help them to compete on a level playing field with big businesses in spite of all their lack of resources, experience and branding.https://www.cosplayshot.com/5-smart-ways-startups-can-mobilize-their-business-brand/Business